By now, you’ve probably already realized that Tumblr is a surprisingly great studying resource. Study-themed Tumblr accounts–or, to use their given soothing-sounding portmanteau, “studyblrs“–are all over the site, and they are all rife with legitimately helpful study tips, organizing techniques, and tricks for raising your grade a few points. And one of the most prevalent studyblr genres? Ones that teach you how to write papers.
This is good, because if your schooling experience is in any way similar to the way mine was, you totally forget how to write a good paper the second your last one gets turned in. And, given that you’re fresh off of winter break and working up to your first essay of the semester, you probably need a few reminders on how to actually write a paper that won’t make your teacher assume that you’re illiterate. (Or, uh, more than a few tips.) So, check out these excellent essay-writing tips from Tumblr that will help you get the inspiration you need for your next paper:
1. Just do this:
JK! Don’t do that.
2. Instead, make sure you plan out the paper ahead of time:
3. Gather all your materials together and create a soothing environment to write in:
4. Write out each step so you don’t feel overwhelmed later:
5. It’s particularly helpful if you do this by hand:
6. If you’re studying for the SAT, try and do as many hand-written practice tests as possible, since you’ll be writing by hand for that exam:
7. Follow this checklist:
8. And make sure that your paper fulfills these components:
9. Write out all of your quotes and the purpose you would like them to serve so you don’t have to search for them when you write the paper:
10. Use transition words that your teachers will love:
11. As well as fancy words that won’t make your teacher think you’re trying to be better than them:
12. Learn how to turn facts into a compelling argument:
13. Use websites that’ll help you strengthen your essay without plagiarism:
14. First impressions matter–read this guide to writing a good introduction for your paper:
15. And know key terms on how to do so:
16. Most important? Proofread everything:
17. Seriously–your teacher will thank you (and your grade will reflect it):
Do you have trouble writing school papers? Are you going to follow these tips? Let us know in the comments!
You can reach the author, Sara Hendricks, on Twitter and Instagram.
15 Extra-Soothing Ways To Take Care Of Yourself If You’re Depressed
Follow Gurl, Pretty Please!
Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Pinterest, and Instagram
Posted in: School
Tags: grades, school, tumblr
PLAN FOR TODAY.
anyone who follows me on my other blogs will know that my life is chaotic as heck (and not in a good way; uni lecturer strikes, essay deadlines, family illness, the list goes on) at the moment but i love bucky so much !!! so i am selectively going to be going through my drafts and keeping no more than FIFTEEN of them. ( verses tho will be kept )
then i’ve gotta go and write this essay and plan another one –FUN
but then i will be back on here, doing those drafts & any birthday things that buck gets sent and making STARTERS for anyone who LIKES THIS POST. tags are also being re-vamped. otherwise go through my OPEN STARTER TAG and go mad
LIST OF THREADS IM KEEPING UNDER CUT ( pls understand these are just the ones in my drafts that i can see myself replying to easily, ones that i have muse for, if you guys want to do a thing like this post or hmu regarding specific verses )