Save earth is a slogan used to spread awareness among people about the importance of earth and why we should save our mother earth. Save earth slogan motivates people to save earth and its natural resources to give our future generations a safe and healthy environment.
Essay on Save Earth
Earth is our planet and a most important need for the continuity of life. It is full of all the basic resources to continue a life however; it is getting declined continuously because of some unethical behavior of the human being. Saving earth is the most important social awareness which everyone must know about to bring some positive changes on the earth. In order to spread awareness among students, teachers may assign them to write some paragraph or complete essay on save earth. Now-a-days, essay writing is one of the good strategies followed by teachers in the schools and colleges. It enhances the English writing skill and knowledge of the students about any topic. It is also an effective way to get views, ideas and positive suggestions about any topic by the students. Following are some paragraphs, short essays and long essays on save earth to help students in completing their task. All the save earth essay are written very simply. So, you can select any essay according to your need and requirement:
Save Earth Essay 1 (100 words)
As we all know that earth is the only known planet having life in this universe. So we should respect and maintain everything we get from our mother earth. We should save the mother earth so that our future generations can live in a safe environment. We can save the earth by saving trees, natural vegetation, water, natural resources, electricity, etc. We should strictly follow all the possible measures to control the environmental pollution and global warming. Everyone should plant more trees in the surrounding areas to curb the pollution and reduce the effects of global warming. Afforestation, reforestation, recycling of used paper and other natural products, saving of natural resources (minerals, coal, stones, oil, etc), electricity, water and environment should be supported and promoted.
Save Earth Essay 2 (150 words)
We do not have any other known planet beside earth in this universe where life is possible. It is the only known planet where the combination of most essential natural resources oxygen, water and gravity is found which makes the possibility of successful life here. We do not have time to think more about it and start saving earth seriously by following various effective measures in order to handover a healthy earth to our future generations. People should plant more trees to get sufficient oxygen and curb the effect of air pollution and global warming.
We should stop cutting down rain-forests to our life, atmosphere and homes of many different species. People should limit their use of electricity and use less fossil fuel to save the environment from global warming. They should promote the use of solar lights and wind energy to save destroying earth. Following the 3R rule (Reduce, Reuse, Recycle) can be proved very effective in saving our precious earth.
Save Earth Essay 3 (200 words)
Earth is the most precious thing in this universe having oxygen and water, essential things for life. The natural resources found on earth are deteriorating day by day because of various wrong practices of human beings. It keeps life on earth in danger. Various forest animals have been extinct completely because of the lack of their favorable environment.
The rate of various types of pollution, global warming and other environmental issues is increasing day by day. It is very necessary to stop all the bad practices to reduce the negative effects of same. Earth day is celebrated every year on 22nd of April to spread awareness among people all over the world. It is observed annually to appreciate people to maintain the earth’s natural environment.
Our earth takes nothing in return from us however it demands to maintain it for the continuity of health life on earth. We are not alone to live on the earth; there are various unknown living species that live on earth.
So, we should not be selfish and think about all the living species on the earth. We should save our earth and environment by reducing the amount of wastes, plastic, paper, woods, etc. we should make the habit of reuse and recycle things (clothes, toys, furniture, books, papers, etc) in order to generate less waste. We should stop all the bad practices involved in increasing the level of pollution and global warming.
Save Earth Essay 4 (250 words)
The present condition of the earth has been very challenging for the healthy existence of life because of the toxic environment, air pollution, water pollution, global warming, deforestation, and many more environmental issues. There are numerous easy ways we can save our planet however, depends on the dedication and rate of good habit followers. It should be promoted the development of environment friendly technologies so that they could not harm the planet. People should make the habit of reduction in usage of harmful things, re-usage and recycle of things in order to generate less amount of wastes.
Generally, many people use variety of house cleansers in order to keep their houses clean and disinfected. They never see the chemical constituents of that particular cleanser which can be very destructive to the water, soil and air. We should be very clear about what products we are using in daily life and always select eco-friendly cleansing products. Pollutions and global warming are generally being spread by the commercial industries to a great extent. They should follow the government rules and regulations made for controlling the same.
They should limit their harmful commercial-grade production and involve in producing environment friendly products. Awareness regarding save earth should be promoted among youths by including this topic to their study. They should be involved in the activities like planting, group discussion, essay writing, speech recitation, banner making, slogan writing competition, theme based drama play, etc in the school and college. The event named as Earth Day is celebrated annually on 22nd of April to spread awareness regarding save earth among public.
Save Earth Essay 5 (300 words)
Earth is the only known planet in this universe where life is possible as it has basic necessities of life. We need to maintain the natural quality of our mother earth in order to continue the healthy life here. Save earth save environment and save earth save life are the most famous slogans to increase awareness about save earth among people. There are various means the condition of our earth is getting declined day by day due to the pollution, greenhouse gases, etc. It is generating the harmful impact on environment and thus health of people. It is the responsibility of human beings to keep earth safe, clean and natural.
What is Earth Day
Earth Day is a global annual observance celebrated on 22nd of April since 1970 to protect the environment and save earth. The aim of this event is to inspire people for healthy earth’s environment.
How to Save our Earth
Following are some easy and effective ways of saving earth:
- We should not waste water and use only according to the requirement. We should wash dirty clothes only and in the cold water. In this way, we can save many gallons of water per day.
- People should share private cars and generally use public transport in order to reduce the emission of greenhouse gases.
- People should use bicycle to perform work in local areas.
- People should follow 3R methods means reduce, reuse and recycle things.
- People should make compost which is a great natural fertilizer for the crops.
- We should use Compact fluorescent light bulbs (CFLs) instead of common bulbs as they are more durable and use two-third less energy which will reduce the use of electricity and greenhouse gases emissions.
- We should not use electric heater or air conditioner unnecessarily without necessity.
- We should maintain our private transport and drive smartly in order to reduce pollution.
- We should switch off lights, fans and unplug other electric appliances to use less electricity.
- We should plant more trees in the surrounding areas to reduce pollution and effect of green house gases.
Earth is our mother planet which gives us all the necessary things we need for living a life. So, we are also responsible to maintain its natural quality and greenery environment. We should not waste and pollute its natural resources for our small benefits.
Save Earth Essay 6 (400 words)
Save earth and save environment both related to the safety of life on the earth. As being human being, we should strictly involve in the activities reducing pollution and global warming and save the earth.
Easy Ways to Save Earth
There are various easy ways which can be helpful in saving the earth. Earth is the only known planet of the solar system having life. In the ancient time, people were not involved in any type of destructive work, so there was no any fear of pollution and other environmental issues. After explosion in the population, people started developing cities and industries for the modern lifestyle and easy life for everyone. For industrialization man learned misusing the natural resources beyond the limit. People involved in deforestation which resulted in extinction of various wild animals, pollution, and global warming. Due to the global warming the protective ozone layer got a hole, rise in sea level, melting of ice caps of Antarctica and Greenland, etc negative changes occurred. Such types of environmental changes are alarming sign to us. Following are some ways regarding save earth:
- We should save forest through afforestation and reforestation. Plants are the most basic need of life whether human beings, animals or other living things. They give us food, oxygen, shelter, fuel, medicines, safety, and furniture. They are very necessary to maintain the natural balance between environment, climate, weather, and atmosphere.
- We should take care of the wildlife by stopping deforestation and promoting reforestation. Thousands of species and birds have been extinct because of destruction of their habitat. They are very necessary to balance the food chain in the nature.
- Our environment is being declined continuously as a result of deforestation, industrialization, urbanization, and pollution. It is threatening the lives through global warming and climate changes because of the emission of carbon dioxide and other greenhouse gases. We should save our environment to balance all the natural cycles.
- We are needed to bring huge level changes in our unnatural lifestyle as much as possible to save the earth.
- There is need to transform cities into Eco-cities to maintain the ecological balance in the atmosphere.
- The government of all the countries need to work together to bring global changes.
Why to Save Earth
There is urgent need to save our earth because of the continuous rising in global temperature, melting of polar ice caps, bleaching of coral reefs, and increasing risks of tsunami, floods and droughts. The condition of our mother earth is getting poor which is reducing the chances of healthy life. Earth is the most important source of all the basic elements required to keep us alive. Bad human activities have given rise to various environmental issues due to release of toxic fumes, chemical wastes and excessive noise.
Government has taken various effective steps regarding save earth, save life and save earth, save environment in order to continue the healthy life on the earth. Without earth, life is not possible anywhere in the universe. Human activities related to the destruction of natural resources of earth are impacting the earth environment very badly. So, it is our sole responsibility to save the earth by practicing Eco-friendly activities.
Slogans on Save Earth
World Earth Day
Global Warming Essay
Essay on Save Trees
“Earth provides enough to satisfy every man’s needs, but not every man’s greed.”
― Mahatma Gandhi
“This entire planet is our home. We are the only species that systematically destroy our own habitat.”- Marianne Williamson
“One person alone cannot save the planet’s biodiversity, but each individual’s effort to encourage nature’s wealth must not be underestimated.”- United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP)
Pollution prevention is a major global concern because of the harmful effects of pollution on a person’s health and on the environment. Environmental pollution comes in various forms, such as: air pollution, water pollution, soil pollution, etc.
Everyone is a stakeholder as we are all inhabitants of this one and only mother earth. Each person can contribute something to advance environmental pollution mitigation measures. Environmental protection means caring for our resources and subsequently for ourselves and ensuring a sustainable future for generations to come will have a better environment.
“If we heal the earth, we heal ourselves.” – Wangari Maathai
You and I should therefore accept personal responsibility for the success of the environmental protection programs of our respective community by cooperating and actively participating in making the atmosphere pollution free. Help stop pollution today. Although on an individual basis, we can help combat pollution in our own immediate environment, efficient control can be best institutionalized through legislation. Thus, most countries have already addressed the issue by passing some form of pollution prevention measures.
Also Read: Phytoremediation- Solution to Contaminated Environment
Averting the onset of pollution in any area; i.e. be it on air, water or land, could be a start and the simplest preventive solution to the problem. This calls for a conscientious effort to adopt good practices or habits by the people, the passage and the proper implementation of appropriate government laws and strict compliance especially by potential industrial pollutants.
If there are no pollutants, there will be no pollution. And yet, this is easier said than done. Certain bad habits are entrenched and industrial development somehow carries with it the concomitant burden of pollution. The cost to business and its commercial ramifications make this rather simple preventive approach quite complicated and more difficult to implement.
Everyone can help by self education and by adopting good and healthy practices. It is also important that we help raise awareness about the significance of environmental issues, their dire consequences and what can be done.
Also Read:Bioremediation- The New Age Cleansing Technology of the Environment
Every action or inaction of any person in regard to her or his surroundings has an effect- be it good, neutral or bad- on the environment. Nature already provides for our needs. Whatever we do to it gets back to us. If we are friends of the earth, it will also be friendly to us. By becoming aware and doing the right action, we choose to be part of the solution. What comes to mind now to serve as reminders include the following:
- Stop smoking or at least follow the “No Smoking” sign.
- Use unleaded gasoline in your cars.
- Keep your car properly maintained to keep it in good running condition to avoid smoke emissions.
- Share a ride or engage in car pooling.
- Instead of using your cars, choose to walk or ride a bicycle whenever possible. With this eco-friendly practice, you will also be healthier and happier by staying fit.
- Never use open fires to dispose of wastes.
- Adopt the 3Rs of solid waste management: reduce, reuse and recycle. Inorganic materials such as metals, glass and plastic; also organic materials like paper, can be reclaimed and recycled. This takes into account that the proven solution to the problem of proper waste management (especially in third world countries) is proper disposal (in waste bins for collection and not in the street where it could fall into drains), waste segregation and collection, and recycling.
- Start composting brown leaves in your yard and green scraps from your kitchen. It will reduce waste while improving your yard and garden soils.
- Reconnect with nature. Live green by using green power supplied abundantly and freely by wind and the sun. Hang your laundry to dry to minimize use of gas or electricity from your dryers. Enjoy fresh air from open windows to lessen the use of air conditioning system.
- Patronize local foods and goods. In this manner, transporting goods and foods prepared with GMOs which uses fuel from conventional energy sources will be minimized.
- Use eco-friendly or biodegradable materials instead of plastic which are made up of highly toxic substances injurious to your health.
- Create your green space. Value your garden. Plant more trees and put indoor plants in your homes. They clean the air, provide oxygen and beautify your surroundings. Thus, care for them and by protecting them, especially the big trees around and in the forest, you protect yourself and your family, too.
- Have a proper waste disposal system especially for toxic wastes
- Take very good care of your pets and their wastes.
- Never throw, run or drain or dispose into the water, air, or land any substance in solid, liquid or gaseous form that shall cause pollution.
- Do not cause loud noises and unwanted sounds to avoid noise pollution.
- Do not litter in public places. Anti-litter campaigns can educate the populace.
- Industries should use fuel with lower sulphur content.
- Industries should monitor their air emissions regularly and take measures to ensure compliance with the prescribed emission standards.
- Industries should strictly follow applicable government regulations on pollution control.
- Organic waste should be dumped in places far from residential areas.
- Say a big “NO” to GMOs or genetically modified organisms. Genetically engineered crops are not only bad for the environment since they require massive amount of fungicides, pesticides, and herbicides; but GMO altered foods are also health risks and negatively impact farmers’ livelihood.
Breathing is life. We know that we will survive without food for several weeks and without water for few days, but without oxygen, we will die in a matter of minutes. The oxygen, the air we breathe sustains us. So, let us make today and everyday a good day for everyone. Allow the earth to have more clean air. Help control pollution.
Earth eventually had an atmosphere incompatible with life. Nevertheless, life on earth took care of itself. In the thinking of the human being a hundred years is a long time. A hundred years ago we didn’t have cars, airplanes, computers or vaccines. It was a whole different world, but to the earth, a hundred years is nothing. A million years is nothing. This planet lives and breathes on a much vaster scale. We can’t imagine its slow and powerful rhythms, and we haven’t got the humility to try. We’ve been residents here for the blink of an eye. If we are gone tomorrow, the earth will not miss us.
We must help fight Global Warming by doing the following steps:
- Plant more trees
- Don’t waste water
- Use cloth bag and don’t burn plastic
Also Read: Importance of National Ambient Air Quality Standards
Mr. Laxmi Prasad Boda is a B.com (Hons) third year student in the Indian Institute of Management and Commerce (IIMC), Hyderabad, India. He can be contacted at laxmiprasad330[at]gmail[dot]com.
Do you have a flair for writing? Interested in environmental issues? Why don’t you submit an article for the GreenCleanGuide 2013 contest? For contest rules, please visit thislink.
Read more articles on Sustainable living from here.
Why AAP Government’s Odd-Even Car Formula is Good for the Environment
Air Pollution Levels at Delhi